Academic Oculoplastics Ophthalmologist
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
UMass Memorial Health, the clinical partner of the UMass Chan Medical School, is seeking a well-rounded Board Eligible/Board Certified Oculoplastics Surgeon. The Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences is growing its services to help fill a need in a community of over one million people in central Massachusetts.
These are full-time positions with an opportunity to join a vibrant growing academic program based in a new Eye Center. Academic rank and salary are commensurate with training and experience. Please visit our department website: http://www.umassmed.edu/ophthalmology to learn more about our department.
Why UMass Memorial:
- Centrally located in Massachusetts, UMass is the premier health care system in the region, noted for our academic excellence and leading cutting-edge research.
- Many of our physicians are both clinicians of UMass Memorial Health and faculty of UMass Chan Medical School. As such, we serve as the bridge between both institutions, working collaboratively as physicians and researchers from different specialties and areas of expertise.
- All of us are continuously learning, therefore we prioritize physician professional development to invest in the growth of our doctors.
- As a Lean organization, UMass Memorial Health is committed to constant innovation.
- Each one of us contributes to shaping a culture that promotes kindness, respect, tolerance, partnerships and inclusivity.
Worcester is the second largest city in New England, it has powered a rise of booming technology, research, manufacturing and healthcare industries. Worcester is also home to the Hanover Theatre for Performing Arts, Worcester Art Museum, the Woo Sox Minor League Red Sox Team and the family friendly Ecotarium. Central Massachusetts has some of the safest communities and highest ranked school systems in the state. With a variety of settings to live we are proud to be home for individuals with many varied lifestyles.
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae addressed to:
Ellen Sullivan, MHA
Director Physician Recruitment
We are able to consider and support candidates who will need Visa sponsorship.
Standards Of Respect
We are committed to fostering and embracing a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. Creating a diverse environment of professors and clinicians who offer unique insights and perspectives as we teach the next generation of physicians is critical to our mission. We are engaged in multiple initiatives with UMass Chan Medical School and with UMass Memorial Health to expand the diversity within our Medical Group in the spirit of inclusivity.
How to Apply
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655