Members are automatically authorized to submit open positions using the Submit a Position feature. Simply log in to the website with your member username and password, then locate Submit a Position in the Programs and Services section.
Individuals that are not AUPO members, who are authorized to submit positions for your department, may request authorization to use the Submit a Position feature. Simply click on Submit a Position and follow the instructions.
Posted positions must be for Faculty or Staff for one of the following related positions for AUPO member institutions:
- Senior Administrator
- Residency Program Coordinator
We do not post positions for:
- administrative, RN or ophthalmic medical personnel
- private practices
- non-AUPO member programs
The following information is required for the posting – please do not abbreviate:
- Position Title (Examples: Chair, Pediatric Ophthalmologist, Cornea Specialist, Administrator)
- Position Level (Examples: Associate, Assistant or Full Professor, Senior Administrator)
- Practice Area (Examples: Cornea, Uveitis, Basic Scientist)
- Medical School/Program Name (Example: Harvard Medical School)
- Location of Position (Country, City, State/Province)
- Position Description (limited to 300 words)
- How to Apply (Example: Interested physicians should email their CV to…)
- Contact Name and Email for application inquiries
- Application Contact Name and Email (for applicants to contact with questions, if applicable)
Optional information includes:
- Department/Eye Center Name (Example: Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary)
- Website URL (for medical school, eye center, etc) or online application URL
Positions will be posted for 120 days. One week prior to the expiration date, a message will be automatically generated to the person who submitted the position. A timely reply to that email is required to implement the extension.
If a change to or removal of a position listing is required after posting please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This service is complimentary to AUPO members and programs.
If you have questions, please contact the AUPO office before submitting a position.