Academic Cornea Specialist
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
UMass Memorial Health, the clinical partner of the UMass Chan Medical School, is seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified fellowship trained Cornea and External Diseases of the Eye Specialist.
- Fellowship training in Cornea and External Diseases of the Eye
- New graduates and experienced clinicians welcome to apply
- BC/ BE in Ophthalmology with the ability to obtain Massachusetts licensure
About the Opportunity:
- The Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences is growing its services to help fill a need in a community of over one million people in central Massachusetts. We offer a busy clinical practice in a brand-new state of the art clinical facility.
- Full time opportunity is available for individuals passionate to promoting the academic mission by training the future generation of ophthalmologists in our residency program.
- With robust departmental participation in clinical, basic and translational research we offer the opportunity for individuals to grow into current or perspective research interests
- We foster equity and you will have the benefit of a highly competitive and transparent compensation plan
Please visit our department website: http://www.umassmed.edu/ophthalmology to learn more about us and our offering to practice Ophthalmology in the academic hub of Massachusetts.
About Central Massachusetts:
Centrally located, Worcester is just miles from Boston, Providence, and the beaches of Cape Cod and Rhode Island. Just a short ride away is the scenic Berkshire and Wachusett mountains with skiing, hiking and outdoor enrichment. We offer access to a variety of lifestyles and the gift of choice to be in a community that serves you best.
The city of Worcester is enriched by:
- Beautiful panoramic views of Lake Quinsigamond
- Nine colleges and universities, including the premier UMass Chan Medical School
- Booming technology, research, manufacturing and health care industries
- Great public schools, affordable housing and plenty of outdoor recreational opportunities
- A thriving restaurant scene
- A broad array of diverse sports and visual and performing arts venues
As the leading employer in the Worcester area, we are committed to upholding outstanding principles within Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and seek talent and ideas from individuals of varied backgrounds and viewpoints.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae addressed to:
Ellen Sullivan, Sr. Physician Recruiter
55 Lake Avenue N
Worcester, MA 01655