Glaucoma Fellowship-Trained Ophthalmologist
The University of Texas at Austin, Dell Medical School, is seeking a glaucoma fellowship-trained ophthalmologist, to join the Department of Ophthalmology and the Mitchel and Shannon Wong Eye Institute (MSWEI) at the Dell Medical School. Qualified candidates will be considered at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor, non-tenured and tenured.
The Dell Medical School is part of The University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation’s leading research universities. The Dell Medical School pursues innovation in the redesign of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and undergraduate and graduate medical education.
The Dell Medical School is focused on the development of new models for healthcare delivery, promotion of health, and innovation.
The Department of Ophthalmology and the MSWEI seek to recruit dynamic, academically oriented, mission and culturally aligned faculty. This is a 100% FTE position.
- Serve as a clinical ophthalmologist to deliver evidence-based and value-based care with an interest in redesign initiatives.
- Assist in the training of residents and students in the clinical and surgical management of eye conditions and diseases of the eye.
- Engage in scientiﬁc inquiry in conjunction with learners and faculty at Dell Med and UT Austin.
- Participate in strategic planning and other efforts directly tied to the development and growth of the MSWEI.
- Interest in developing outcomes metrics to measure patient-centric outcomes.
- Commitment to health equity
- Develop partnerships with referring physicians, hospitals and others in Austin and Central Texas.
Other Possible Functions:
- The department also seeks individuals to serve in the following roles:
- Associate Chair (Vice Chair) of Research
- Interest in starting and leading an Anterior Segment Fellowship in conjunction with existing Cornea, Glaucoma and Uveitis faculty.
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school
- Current Board certiﬁcation/eligibility in Ophthalmology
- Fellowship training in Glaucoma
- Eligible for medical licensure in Texas
- Eligible for faculty appointment with The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School
- Interest in research
- Record of leadership and scholarly achievement.
How to Apply
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
1601 Trinity St.
Austin, TX 78712
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.