Assistant Professor of Optometric Sciences (in Ophthalmology)
The Department of Ophthalmology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center is seeking a full-time medical optometrist to join our multi-specialty, multi-site, tertiary care clinical ophthalmology practice.
- Provide comprehensive optometry, practicing full scope
- Consultation and co-management with ophthalmology and/or other health care practitioners if additional medical treatment is determined necessary.
- Co-management of post-operative care
- Work effectively as a team member and provide the highest-level quality of service and care.
- Participation in academic medicine
- Maintain compliance with all current organizational, state and federal regulations pertaining to optometry.
- Willingness to travel to various practice locations.
- Graduation from an accredited school of optometry.
- Currently licensed by New York State.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Completion of a residency in optometry required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience preferred.
For more information about the department, please visit www.columbiaeye.org.
How to Apply
Salary Range: $99,520-$155,000
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
635 West 165th Street
New York, NY 10032
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran