Glaucoma Faculty Physician
The George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates (MFA) are seeking to fill a full-time faculty position in Ophthalmology with a focus in Glaucoma. The MFA is an independent, non-profit clinical practice group affiliated with The George Washington University.
Part of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), one of the largest healthcare companies in the United States, with over 90,000 employees and 400+ facilities across the country, MFA colleagues enjoy being part of both a prestigious local institution, and a Fortune 500 national company with the highest earned standards in patient care.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Ophthalmology
- Fellowship trained in Glaucoma
- Experience in academic centers and training residents preferred, but not required
- J-1 Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Eligible for licensure in the District of Columbia (by time of appointment)
- Join a growing academic health center with an outstanding reputation
- Educate residents and medical students
- Direct the Glaucoma service line
- Opportunity to serve an international group of patients with fascinating, rarely seen diseases
- Student Loan Repayment (Public Service Loan Forgiveness) Program Eligible
- Academic Appointment rank (Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor) commensurate with experience
- Compensation includes a competitive base salary with an RVU structure and full benefits package (including malpractice coverage, CME and Licensure, PTO, relocation reimbursement, and more!)
- Salary offers will be based on key factors such as education, credentials, related experience, and scope of work
Living next to the nation's capital provides exciting opportunities for residents – including anything from an afternoon spent roaming the halls of a Smithsonian Museum, to an evening enjoying one of DC’s iconic sports teams, to a monumental meal at a Michelin-starred restaurant. Whether residents chose to live close to the city or in the surrounding suburbs, DC is an amazing historical and outdoor playground allowing for events and opportunities throughout all four seasons.
To be considered for this position, candidates will need to submit a curriculum vitae and cover letter. Candidates will also be asked to provide the contact information for three references. Employment offers are contingent upon the satisfactory outcome of a standard background screening.
How to Apply
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact, Dr. April Heiselt:
April Heiselt, Ph.D.
UHS In-House Provider Recruiter
900 23rd St NW
Washington, DC 20037