Glaucoma Specialist Ophthalmology Faculty
The Medical University of South Carolina's Storm Eye Institute is seeking a hardworking and motivated Glaucoma Specialist to join their team in a full-time clinician-educator role in Charleston, South Carolina.
We are seeking candidates with:
• Board certification or eligibility in Ophthalmology and completion of a Glaucoma fellowship
• Expertise and/or training in the specific areas of Glaucoma, MIGs, Diode CPC, Laser Iridotomy and Trabeculoplasty
• Focus on collaboration, innovation, and teamwork
• Academic orientation, enthusiasm for teaching, and passion for outreach and research
About our opportunity:
• Outpatient - with the ability to work in downtown Charleston, and the surrounding suburbs
• Involvement in the education of medical students, ophthalmology residents, and glaucoma fellows
• Opportunity to participate in a robust research program with support from a full-time clinical trials coordinator
• Dedicated OR time and active clinical schedule
• Minimal call requirements
Join a team that's Changing What's Possible - The Medical University of South Carolina's Storm Eye Institute has been South Carolina's premier center for the management of complex and serious eye diseases for over 40 years.
About MUSC's Storm Eye Institute and Ophthalmology Department
• Collaborative and intellectually stimulating team composed of 18 Faculty Physicians, 3 Faculty Optometrists, research coordinators, COTs, COAs, and comprehensive administrative support
• Dedication to providing specialized care and expertise to improve quality of life, quick adoption of innovative and new techniques, comprehensive and consistent care for adults, and specialized services for children
• In fiscal year 2021, the Storm Eye Institute provided over 49,500 patient visits, and over 3,500 surgeries, delivering high-quality care for individuals in South Carolina and beyond
• The Storm Eye Institute's downtown Charleston campus encompasses seven floors of clinical, research, and academic space totaling over 46,000 square feet of which over 12,000 is directly committed to eye research
Learn more about Ophthalmology at MUSC: https://apptrkr.com/3140885
• Tenure-track faculty position with academic rank and salary commensurate with qualifications, expertise, and accomplishments
• Relocation assistance
• Excellent retirement options, including a pension and optional tax-deferred contributions
• Sovereign Immunity malpractice coverage
• 22 days of annual leave, 15 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
• MUSC is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program qualified employer
Charleston, SC, is frequently named one of the best places in America to live, and it's easy to see why. This charming coastal city offers residents a unique mix of history, culture, arts, innovation, and natural beauty. In Charleston, you can explore miles of pristine beaches and waterways in the morning, and wind your way along shaded cobblestone streets, exploring centuries-old historic homes in the afternoon. At night, visit one of Charleston's many award-winning restaurants to enjoy traditional Lowcountry cuisine prepared by world-class chefs. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what's possible” and do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country.
Send us your CV accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration. Your life in Charleston awaits! Fayth Greegor, MUSC Provider Recruiter, mailto:email@example.com
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/3140885
171 Ashley Ave Suite 419
Charleston, SC 29425