Oculoplastics Chief of Service
Chief of Service, Oculoplastics
The Department of Ophthalmology at NYU Langone Health/NYU Grossman School of Medicine is currently seeking an Ophthalmologist specializing in Oculoplastics to direct our Oculoplastics service. The candidate will serve as a full time member of our faculty.
NYU Langone Health is one of the nation’s premier academic medical centers, devoted to providing excellence in patient care, education, and research. In addition to clinical qualifications, candidates should possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated expertise in all areas of the tripartite mission.
The candidate should be ABO-certified and have completed their fellowship training in an American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) program. The candidate must be eligible for an unrestricted license to practice medicine in New York State. The ideal candidate will have national standing within oculoplastics and significant accomplishments in research/scholarship and teaching.
Clinical and administrative responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing oculoplastic services at the NYU Langone Hospitals and Ambulatory Care Centers.
- Partnering with senior leadership to perform administrative responsibilities as set forth by the Chair and Vice Chairs.
- Working with the Chair and departmental leadership to recruit and mentor faculty for the division.
- Optimizing academic and educational activities within the division for residents, fellows, and medical students.
- Enhancing the reputation of the division through participation in specialty societies and national/international conferences.
- Working with the Chair and Vice Chair for Research to advance the research initiatives of the division.
Academic rank will be commensurate with experience and the requirements of NYU Grossman School of Medicine. Minimum salary is $400,000 per year. NYULH provides a generous suite of faculty benefits.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter and a CV at http://apply.interfolio.com/136773
222 E 41st St
New York, NY 10017