Chair, Department of Ophthalmology
Mayo Clinic is searching for an innovative leader to serve as the Chair of its world class Department of Ophthalmology at our academic medical center in Jacksonville, Florida. The Department Chair is a leadership position and the individual selected will be accountable for driving innovation through cutting edge procedures, capitalizing on technology, advancing progressive research, and educating future ophthalmologists. She/he will be responsible for achieving exceptional patient outcomes, financial and growth objectives in addition to actively recruiting and retaining top talent to advance Mayo’s mission.
- Invigorating vision and strategy to innovate and grow the Department of Ophthalmology
- Prioritize business strategies to position the department for the future
- Drive innovation across Practice, Education, and Research
- Foster collaboration across the organization to provide the best patient outcomes
- Effective management
- Recruit top talent to sustain Mayo Clinic’s vision of being the most trusted partner in healthcare
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Board certification and eligibility for Florida licensure required
- Academic rank of Professor or Associate Professor is preferred but not required
- Evidence of continued academic and scholarly activity
- Proven successful leader
- Strong understanding of surgical/procedural clinical ophthalmology practice
- On-going transformational practice innovation
- Adept at mentoring junior staff
- Ability to build relationships and networks globally
- Recognized as an expert in their field
Why Mayo Clinic?
You are invited to partner with the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2021-2022), ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. Practicing at Mayo Clinic provides a rewarding career that promotes excellence in patient-centered care. You can thrive in an environment that supports innovation and has a wealth of resources available to you – including an integrated EMR and collaboration with top specialists – to give your patients the quality of care you want to achieve. Mayo Clinic Florida has a large academic faculty along with a multitude of residents and fellows who fill dedicated programs in clinical care, education and both clinical and basic research.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Jacksonville is the largest city in area in the continental United States. A beautiful coastal Florida city that features excellent year-round climate, over 20 miles of beaches and outstanding outdoor recreational, cultural and family-oriented amenities. The “River City by the Sea” has an excellent school system, reasonable cost of living and a thriving business environment. Medical professionals and patients are drawn to Jacksonville by an extraordinary network of high-profile healthcare facilities. Jacksonville continues to grow as more people relocate from all over the U.S. and abroad, to see what the great River City has to offer!
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter online to the following Chair, Ophthalmology, MCF posting 180049BR
4500 San Pablo Road South
Jacksonville, FL 32224