Chair of Ophthalmology- Tufts Medical Center
The New England Eye Center and Tufts Medical Center, affiliates of Tufts University School of Medicine, in Boston, Massachusetts, seeks a new Chair for the Department of Ophthalmology.
Join Tufts Medical Center Physician Organization in our mission to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn and to seek knowledge to promote health and prevent disease.
The Chair will be responsible for leading all teaching and research activities within the Department, including medical students and graduate medical educational programs. The Chair will be charged with creating and continuing a strategic vision for the Department to include community outreach with neighboring suburban private practice services. The Chair will be leading all activities related to our academic mission within Ophthalmology, spanning both system and outside system affiliates.
Who You Are:
- A demonstrated successful administrative leader at an academic institution as the Department Chair, Division Chief or Section Head
- A passionate mentor with a proven track record both of personal academic accomplishments and of supporting the academic accomplishments of those you have advised
- Board Certified in Ophthalmology and/or added qualifications and boards in a subspecialty area
- Eligible for an academic appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor level
- Adept at developing and leading ACGME accredited residency programs
- Knowledgeable in healthcare quality, resource management, outcomes improvement, patient safety, and positive patient experience
- Politically savvy and emotionally intelligent with the ability to interact within all tiers of system level management
- Committed to network development, growth, operational efficiency and integration to include suburban private practice locations
About the Department:
The Department of Ophthalmology at Tufts Medical Center consists of 10 divisions which include: Comprehensive, Cornea, Glaucoma, Neuro, Oculoplastic, Ophthalmic Pathology, Optometry, Pediatric, Refractive Surgery and Retina. Currently, we have 48 faculty members and are actively growing many of these programs and are adding new faculty to cover our growing services at Tufts and within our Wellforce community partners.
Tufts Medical Center is a 410 bed, quaternary care hospital, the principal teaching hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine. Tufts Medical Center is at the forefront of education and research, training the next generation of physicians, including 48 residency and fellowship programs to include over 450 residents and fellows. We conduct groundbreaking basic, clinical and health policy research and are in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding and conduct $50 million annually in extramurally-funded research. Our quality initiatives consistently place us in the top 15% of all hospitals in the Vizient system. Our case mix index is at the top of Boston hospitals, and we provide world class care including one of the busiest heart failure and cardiac transplant programs in the country.
To protect patients, physicians, staff, visitors, and the community from the COVID-19 infection, vaccination for COVID-19 is mandatory for employment unless an exemption is granted for medical or religious reasons.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.
Interested and qualified candidates send Cover Letter and CV to:
Manager Physician Recruitment
Tufts Medical Center Physicians Organization
800 Washington Street, #1013
Boston, MA 02111
How to Apply
To apply, please visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/880137
800 Washington St
Boston, MA 02111