The Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences at UMass Memorial Health, the clinical partner of UMass Chan Medical School, seeks a board certified or board eligible Glaucoma Ophthalmologist to join our award-winning department.
- Fellowship training in Glaucoma required
- New graduates and experienced clinicians welcome to apply
- BC/ BE in Ophthalmology with the ability to obtain Massachusetts licensure
About the Opportunity:
- Academic appointment commensurate with experience. You will be a committed to the training of the future generation by teaching and engaging with our ophthalmology residents
- We offer a high-volume clinical practice in a space conducive to your success with new state-of the art clinical facilities. We serve a community of over one million in Central Massachusetts.
- Research interests are encouraged as we offer extensive opportunities in clinical, basic, and translational research
- We foster equity and you will have the benefit of a highly competitive and transparent compensation plan
We offer an exceptional opportunity with a stimulating and supportive environment for candidates interested in practicing the Massachusetts hub of academic medicine. In our empowered and motivated group, rapid advancement toward your career goals will be realized and supported.
About Central Massachusetts:
Centrally located, Worcester is just miles from Boston, Providence, and the beaches of Cape Cod and Rhode Island. Just a short ride away is the scenic Berkshire and Wachusett mountains with skiing, hiking and outdoor enrichment. We offer access to a variety of lifestyles and the gift of choice to be in a community that serves you best.
The city of Worcester is enriched by:
- Beautiful panoramic views of Lake Quinsigamond
- Nine colleges and universities, including the premier UMass Chan Medical School
- Booming technology, research, manufacturing and health care industries
- Great public schools, affordable housing and plenty of outdoor recreational opportunities
- A thriving restaurant scene
- A broad array of diverse sports and visual and performing arts venues
As the leading employer in the Worcester area, we are committed to upholding outstanding principles within Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and seek talent and ideas from individuals of varied backgrounds and viewpoints.
Please visit our department website: http://www.umassmed.edu/ophthalmology to learn more about us.
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae addressed to:
Ellen Sullivan, Sr. Physician Recruiter
How to Apply
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655