General Ophthalmology Opportunity
ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Ophthalmology-Greenville are seeking full-time board certified/eligible general ophthalmologists to join our expanding ophthalmology program in Greenville, NC. Expertise in medical retina is desirable. Candidates with an interest in resident education and residency program development are encouraged to apply.
ECU Health Medical Center is a tertiary referral center with a large population of patients with complex ophthalmic pathology. ECU Health Ophthalmology is hiring providers of all specialties for a robust multi-specialty practice and plans to develop a teaching program on-site. There is a large hospital based and local optometrist and ophthalmologist-based referral network with few other retina specialists in the community.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Medical Center and ECU Health Surgicenter
- Opportunity available due to programmatic expansion
- Opportunity for academic appointment through East Carolina University at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank
- Outpatient clinic conveniently located near hospital with state-of the art equipment
- Responsibilities will include clinical practice, teaching of trainees and rotating call coverage
- Opportunities for research
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits include: Relocation, Paid Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice/Tail Coverage, 401k matching/457, Medical, Dental, & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance. For eligible candidates: loan repayment, sign-on bonus, income guarantees, and residency/fellowship paid commitment stipends.
ECU Health Medical Center
ECU Health Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for ECU Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, ECU Health Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 185 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 110 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. www.ecuhealth.org
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! Find Yourself in Good Company!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Denise Owens at (252)258-3875 or Denise.Owens@ecuhealth.org.
How to Apply
Click on the link below:
2100 Stantonsburg Rd
Greenville, NC 27834
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.