Director of Physician Logistics and Process Optimization
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, ranked #1 in ophthalmology in the United States by U.S. News & World Report 17 times, launches a national search for a Director of Physician Logistics and Process Optimization.
The Director of Physician Logistics and Process Optimization develops and maintains provider schedules supporting organizational goals to streamline processes and enhance patient experience across Bascom Palmer Eye Institute Eye Centers. This position analyzes, monitors and manages ophthalmology specialty clinic schedules per weekday, week, month and the annual calendar. Service schedules per clinical area are managed within context of other schedules per clinical area and facility with focus on provider productivity, balanced distribution of resources, space utilization, process efficiency (integrated workflows) and patient wait time. This position recommends strategies for process improvement as well as implements tactics to achieve system, project and pilot objectives. Presents analyses and conclusions to UHealth system leadership, BPEI leadership, faculty and staff. The Director demonstrates Lean leadership philosophy and structure, and creates value evidenced by improved patient, physician and staff satisfaction at BPEI Eye Centers. The Physician Logistics and Process Optimization directly supervises BPEI Physician Logistics staff. Frequent communication and interfaces are required with BPEI surgical scheduling, faculty providers, clinical operations, finance, IT, Medley call center, patient access and Central Insurance verification. The position is directly supervised by the BPEI Chief Administrative Officer and indirectly supervised by the UMHC Chief Medical Officer, Ambulatory Services, to ensure consistency with system clinic scheduling functions.
The minimum requirements are as follows:
- Master’s degree in healthcare-related field, business or industrial engineering.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in healthcare operations improvement field.
- Specific experience in health operations improvement, physician practice management, information technology are essential.
- Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred. Green Belt Certification required within one year.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required to present to UHealth system leadership, faculty and staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; verbally and in writing
- Ability to function effectively in a politically sensitive environment
- Demonstrated expertise in presentation and training skills.
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills.
- Ability to drive to BPEI eye centers
- Overnight hotel stay may be required during eye center education programs.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
How to Apply
Apply at www.miami.edu/careers Position # R100030040
1051 NW 14 Street
Miami, FL 33136
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.